Summer is the time EVERY normal teenager longs for...
Its the time to getaway from cranky teachers, homework that would make Einstein's brain hurt, not to mention all the drama and grudges that we know high school brings... and that's EXACTLY were this summer brought me (minus the whole drama and Grudges thing) I was sick of all the normal everyday stuff that seemed to stick to me like glue! In fact there were times I wished I could be like Dorthy and get hurled out of Kansas... (Wizard Of Oz) yet I just went about the everyday tasks--- putting on that mask of happiness. My heart wasn't in the right place and looking back i can see that, but at the time things got so bad that everyone around me was suffering the effects~ My family hardly ever saw me because i was so wrapped up in my own little world, it felt like me and my relationships with my friends were Falling apart- like I didn't even know then anymore. Point blank things were Dark and I felt like I was suffocating under the worldliness around me. about this time summer got going-- (well it had been going but it just felt like it hadn't because i was stuck in the same spot doing NOTHING!)
It started with me being the leader of 16 adorable second graders. (That's not all of them, but its a few of the really athletic and rowdy ones) we were THE NINJA TURTLES-- we had everything, the green face paint, the green bandannas, and all the spirit anyone could have asked for! Definitely one Crazy week. We were outside all day taking kids from one place to the next; with water brakes and bathroom brakes between pretty much EVERY stop. (If you ever want to know if elementary teaching is for you, try that kind of intensity)--- Needless to say it got my blood pumping and my heart beating in the right direction... Oh and another Incredible part of that bargain, was the amazing people i was pared with <3 (Below is my AMAZING NiNjA buddy/ Helper)
I had 3 helpers each day... The one with me in the picture is the only one that was attached to me at the hip! literally she was the only one that was there EVERYDAY.. I love that Girl!!!! The other leaders were just as AMAZING and i don't think it would have gone as smoothly without them so .. Even though i know they'll never EVER see this... THANK YOU!!!!!!!
OKIE DOKIE~~~~ SO That was just the starting point, at the end of the week I got on a bus (one FINALLY headed OUT of Wichita) To the Coolest High school camp known to First free'ers ...
CHALLENGE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I had the most incredible time... that's about the only word I can use to describe it. It Gave me a chance to meet some people i wouldn't normally talk to and get out of my comfort zone. It allowed me some one on one time with the girls in my grade i didn't know very well!
- I love you Maisy! I loved being your roomie and slipping notes under the door ;)
-
Emma you always put a smile on my face and made my day better! Love you girly!
- Abbi I love the way you look with the bible in you lap and he holy spirit shining through-- God working in you heart is something I'd Hate to miss <3
Not to mention I got to have God open my eyes to the ME in my life and Take my heart and focus it on him and HIS will and purpose for my life.. that's what made my summer worth living for.


No comments:
Post a Comment