PDA: I've done it- I held hands with my ex-boyfriend Freshman year as we walked down the hall, kissed a guy on the cheek at school, but NEVER EVER EVER in my life will I do what I saw happen today!

~
Normally I'm cool with PDA, but when It looks like you gonna suck the persons face off and I have to be around it because your sitting Right in front of me Its just rude. In my state of irritation I found a empty water bottle lid and chucked it at the couple to get their attention- It worked for a minute but not for long because they looked for the attacker and then went back at it..... This brought up a question In my mind and the more I thought about it, the more the whole situation became dearly heartbreaking.
~
To me PDA is kind of stupid- in a way its sort of bragging and thats one reason I don't really enjoy making a big scene of it. First off because for me as a Christian I'm instructed to not boast, but to be humble. I can think Of times were I would be dating someone and think I was so cool because He loved me and I loved him, and everyone who adored him, HAD to love me to because I was Linked to him. (Link- Pun hahaha.... Inside joke sorry) Looking back it was wrong, but I couldn't see that then.
~
Not only that but affection is supposed to be a private thing. Every girl wants that romantic guy who takes interest in her personally and just spends time with her in general- So why do we settle for school? a place you go everyday? a place were all you do is complain? a place were all you get is facts, lists, and Exuberant amounts of homework? Its kind of insulting if you really think about it. I mean for pity sakes the guy says he's in love with you, but the only time he can ever spend with you is at school- For what a make out session during lunch, or a 2min cuddle in between classes- i wouldn't settle for that and neither should any other Girl!
~
The saddest part about what PDA has become is that It shows how much Girls don't respect themselves anymore! As I sat watching this couple I noticed that sometimes the girl would pull back a little and want to just chill, but the boy would keep messing with her (biting her ear, or grabbing her waist) that was part of the starting/stopping cycle. It came down to the fact that she would eventually want to make him happy and give in. I'm not saying its ALWAYS the guys fault, My point is that PDA seems to be done to please the other person instead of doing what makes you feel good- Kind of like PROVIG your love!
~
This is just my View on this topic- it'll probably change overtime as my experiences expand, and as I grow older but For now the standards for any guy that comes knock'n are high :)
No comments:
Post a Comment