"Happy birthday, Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to Jacqueline,
Happy Birthday to you...
I Remember when I was seven. Birthdays seemed like a Princess day. Were I got to wear a fancy dress, put on a tiara, have a cake that I picked out, and Got presents from my mommy and daddy...
Then I hit ... Middle school and suddenly it seemed much- MUCH bigger. It consisted of doing the "Cool" things. Like going to PG-13 movies, Bowling at the Alley, and inviting a boy to play spin the bottle (No worries I never did that)-- Imagine the movie 13 going on 30 and you'll know what I'm talking about.
Now, I'm at the age were everything counts. Grades, Friends, any driving tickets... and the day comes. February 7th 2011 My 17th birthday.
Now instead of just being a "special" day Its an important Time marker- A warning saying how much Or WHAT will happen Between now and next year.
I Celebrated tonight. Had all my closest girlfriends Over for a live karaoke, mario kart, and a Dance off evening.
Its amazing, or maybe a better word to say would be INCREDIBLE... the Fact that I wasn't supposed to to be dancing with my hands in the air tonight. I Wasn't supposed to Have friends that would belt out the words to "a Pocket full of sunshine" for me. I wasn't supposed to Be touched when I received a card from a girl I've been praying for for 2 years! I wasn't supposed to be Alive tonight.
But I am... thats how I know GoD has a plan.
As I write a new chapter of my life I'm not guaranteed roses and chocolate, Laughter and joy 100% everyday. Thats not how life woks- I'm probably gonna get a speeding ticket, forget to do my homework, lose some friends, and mess up a couple BIJILLON times; but that doesn't change the fact that God has a plan! I'm at that stage in life were- lets be honest I do some DUMB stuff.... because I'm stuck between growing up and being a kid. So this year instead of asking for a car, or a cell phone or wishing for a boyfriend I'm Focusing on what really matters.
I'm putting away the desire to be the perfect girl, and living life to the EXTREME --- a way that catches people's Attention and gives the glory to God 100% of the time.
L0V3 JAc <3

No comments:
Post a Comment