Sunday, April 17, 2011

"I will Go" My heart says as the Anticipation Builds.

"I will Go ... Lord Send Me" 
These are the words that echoed in my head last July as I was given the opportunity to spend the month of June in a small country called Moldova. I was enthralled with the idea of being in a new place but still getting to see how God works in mysterious ways. plus I really waned to be there for quite awhile so that I could build some real relationships with people. I wanted to be one of the tools he could pull out of his tool belt and use to change some ones life as well as get a new look at life from a completely different angle.  
Then I had to make a decision...

 About this same time  my youth group offered a very special Opportunity, their plan was to visit Haiti over spring break. they were going to do VBS and be doing service projects there with kids. I loved that idea and the and one other benefit of going would 
be I could really connect with some of the people I didn't know really well. 


But after alot of Pro/con T-charts, conversation with my parents, and ALOT of Prayer... I really felt God calling me in the opposite direction. To Moldova. 


As December and January came around I started announcing it... just to my close friends and declining things that might happen to start or  be happening in June, keeping it open so I could go. 
but then February came and I started to wonder if it was actually going to happen? I had no dates, hadn't even started to save money and the wasn't even aware of the city I would be gong to. On top of that I had originally planned to go with a a friend, but when dates clashed they had to decline and that ment I was going by myself.  At this point I seriously questioned going, but something inside of me refused to give up - maybe it was that oldest child syndrome (the part that wants to be independent and strong willed).... who knows but whatever it was held on and suddenly things started coming together. I actually sat down and penned out my support letter finding the tedious task conquerable, then a few days later I find out that I won't be there by myself, but I will actually be gong with a team from bible mission  (by the way this was happening in march). Now it is april - As I write I have my plane ticket and Itinerary in front of me. I have letters in envelopes with postage stuff on them ready to mail tomarrow. And as I sat in church this morning listening to the students who went to Haiti share I feel My heart leap because in a few months that will be me. If  you had asked me a month ago if this trip was going to happen, I would have probably said no. BUT God has his hand ON EVERYTHING including this and as of now I'm counting down the days till I get on a plane and leave the country. 
-Jac

No comments:

Post a Comment