Tuesday, May 3, 2011

God Talking....

lately, I've had a hard time with a friend,
And the COOLEST thing just happened. I got off the computer and got out my bible asking God to speak to my heart and give me some advice and this is what he had me read.

"even today my complaint is bitter, his hand is heavy in spite of my groaning.
 If only I knew were to find her I'd go to her dwelling! 
I would state my case before her, and fill my mouth with arguments. 
I would find out what she would answer me and consider what she would say.  
Would she oppose me with great power? No, she would not press charges against me. 
.......
But I go to the east and she is not there;  I go to  the west and do not find her. when she is at work in the north, I do not see her; when she turns to the south i catch no glimpse of her...
but she knows the way i take, when she has tested me i will come forth as gold. my feet have closely followed her steps, i have kept close to her way without turning aside. I have not departed from the commands of her lips; i have treasured the words of her mouth more then my daily bread
But she stands alone, who can oppose her? She does whatever she pleases, she carries out her decree against me, and such plans she still has in store. 
that is why I'm terrified before her, when i think of all this, I fear her, god has made my heart faint, the almighty has terrified me, yet I am not silenced by the darkness, by the thick darkness that covers my face. " 

to paraphrase this is saying:
Even though its painful, God has his hand on it! Then it goes on to describe some of the things I'm feeling-(how I want to talk to her, but I don't want to be blamed by her but I don't want to hurt her either.) Then it gently criticizes me for the mistake I've made placing our friendship above me and God's sometimes and not sticking up for the wrong things we've done. (underlined portion) but then he gives encouragement, and says I know your scared of the things that this could turn into, but evil WILL NOT win, not even in the darkest of situations.
technically it was Job talking but God had this moment in mind when he had Job write it, because this was totally God's heart to heart with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment