Sunday, January 20, 2013

Jonathan and David.

  There is nothing quite like saying goodbye to your best friend. Its the worst feeling in the world! Granted you can still keep in touch with a phone call or Skype date; but to know that you won't be able to experience life with them... in their world for a good long while is nothing short of painful.
   It makes me wonder what David and Jonathan felt when they said goodbye for life. They had been friends for many years, shared life together for so long, jokes, war, memories and more. These two boys were practically brothers - dear friends with a relationship based in Christ... if I'm in tears after being separated for just a few months,  I can't believe that they would be anything less then heartbroken.
  I know in any case this stage of life will only make our friendship stronger - me stronger, teach us both how to love better, encourage better, trust better, sacrifice better and more... and at this point I can't help but be comforted by some of the words Jonathan and david said upon their last greeting.

"Then Jonathan said to David, “Whatever you say, I will do for you.”

"May the Lord be with you, as he has been with my father. 14 If I am still alive, show me the steadfast love of the Lord, that I may not die; 15 and do not cut off[b] your steadfast love from my house forever"


"And Jonathan made David swear again by his love for him, for he loved him as he loved his own soul."


 "And as soon as the boy had gone, David rose from beside the stone heap[f] and fell on his face to the ground and bowed three times. And they kissed one another and wept with one another, David weeping the most. 42 Then Jonathan said to David, Go in peace, because we have sworn both of us in the name of the Lord, saying, ‘The Lord shall be between me and you, and between my offspring and your offspring, forever.’” And he rose and departed, and Jonathan went into the city.[g]"

........................


Goodbyes are hard, and although It might not have been super easy for those guys  they had the right idea about relying on Christ and in the long run... I believe they had peace. 
It may be a tough few months, but its nothing I can't handle with the peace and friendship Christ offers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment