Sunday, September 8, 2013

Roadtrip'n

I love long car rides, especially with AWESOME people. This particular one was one of the shorter ones I've gone on but it took us to the not so little city of Atlanta, Georgia.  
Heres how it all happened:

1.) It started last semester when I learned of a church that sponsors a conference that is pretty popular with college students - A place Called Passion City Church. It was about 4.5 hours from where I am going to school and I figured I had a car and friends and when or if I had time it would be a good use of time. 

2.) Fast-forward to last week on monday night. My friend Melissa and I decide to go down to Atlanta Sunday and make a day of it since we have time and nothing that we HAVE to do that day (a rare occurrence for both of us.)  So we started looking up fun places to visits and did our research. 


3.) Sunday Morning came and as we agreed on we left at 7 AM........ (I am not a morning person, I have never been and I don't think I will ever be.. and I love coffee - GOOD COFFEE) which is precisely why we took a 20 mile detour into the little city of Akin to get Starbucks. (it was kind of essential since I was the only one driving all day.)


 4.) We sang songs at the top of our lungs, told stories of Jacqueline the Jacalope and Katie the cougar, Stopped in a little place called BUCKHEAD (which is REALLY fun to say if you need a new favorite word) to get gas and rode a old carousel... you are never to young to ride those right? Haha....


Did I mention that this gas station had 50 cent tattoos? We all Got one! and wore them proudly. -- temporary OF corse!
 *** Insert quip about hacking each others twitter and Facebook statuses here.
 5. We get into Atlanta about lunch time and after possibly making the most awkward turn around ever!!!!!!!!! We get some lunch.. and all of a sudden..... (it had been sunny all morning and 3 out of the 4 of us had decided against bringing our rain coats.... which was REALLY unfortunate because...)
it POURS. . .
 So we try and wait it out... and when it gets really light we decide to run for it.... Unfortunately at that moment it decided to majorly downpour and... well...
6.) We Got drenched. (we were just around the corner of the restaurant.)
7. ) However even in the rain the skyline is BEAUTIFUL!
 We (Katie and Hailey are the other girls that went!) had decided we wanted to go downtown.  After finding out that there is NO free parking in atlanta,  and driving through a super sketch parking garage we picked one and headed into.....
8.) ... UNDERGROUND ATLANTA. ---> It was a cultural experience, Dry, had lots to explore, and it had a Johnny Rockets.
 9.) Everyday is a ice cream day.


Sugar has a way of bringing out the crazy side of people. I'm blessed to have such Kooky friends.

10. ) Then Finally 5:00 came and we were able to walk into the church we'd come all the way to visit. It wasn't anything like I was expecting... It was better. 

 Kristan Stanfill is a gifted leader, when the leader is really reverent and the music has just the right kick, It will make anyones soul dance. 
Louie Giglio is on point. How sweet it was to be reminded that I should dwell in Gods rest and that He is all I truly need. ---> the one I watched is in the link underneath....  It is well worth your time if you have a minute.

                                 http://www.passioncitychurch.com/watch#PCC-090113-V1

 It was worth the Drive. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. 
I once heard somewhere that there is no other time in your life than in college to do spontaneous things, but I think even when I am old and grey I'll do spontaneous things because they Give me new stories to tell and new adventures to live.



No comments:

Post a Comment