Friday, August 23, 2013

Adventure Is Part of My Everyday Vocabulary.

I'm back down south baby! 
   Although the drive was a long one, I finally made it! Over the last few days I have said goodbye to my family,  unpacked, bought books, greeted the new freshman, met my teachers, paid my tuition bill, and even did my first load of laundry. Talk about a productive week! Thus, this weekend has so far been MUCH appreciated! 

 

   I think I'd call it jumping back in the saddle after a long period of rest, even though I think school will be minority busy after the summer I just had. *Insert Laughter here* but I am ready for the next adventure that lays ahead. 

   Life is to short to stay stationary. I have realized I make many impulsive decisions.... but it is those decisions that make me the person I am. I realize it is important to be wise, and I also realize that ultimately I am not in control. Whether it is the right decision or the wrong decision God's gonna make it work in that perfect plan of his -- this, however does NOT give me permission or condone STUPID decisions. I have no idea what tomorrow holds... an 8 or 13 page paper maybe? Maybe a tackling hug with a friend which ends with me falling epicly on my back? Or someone providing me with a full ride?  Who knows I might not even wake up tomorrow..... now isn't that  a scary thought. 
  Today my only priority is to fix my eyes on Christ and imitate his statutes (which are his teachings and rules.... just for a definition). I am to encourage an serve people if it is in my capabilities and even when it is out of my comfort zone or causes me to sacrifice.  Most importantly I need to be ready for whatever twist life may take and have a joyful attitude about it. 


   I love this picture. Something about the thought or image of a pair of boots in fall is warm and comforting.  This picture gives me some comfort as I think about what lies ahead. School is going to be rocky - late nights, piles of never ending reading, and lack of energy are going to be my biggest enemies - but like those  boots if I am prepared, and have good defense and protection  (mainly by studying the word and praying constantly about every little detail of my life and by TRUSTING God's got the steering wheel and has it taken care of I am confident I will have amazing adventure... no matter where I am or where God takes me.
So I challenge you, challenge you to look for an adventure... because if you woke up breathing today it is for a very specific reason, and that reason might be the key to unlocking a wild adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment