![]() |
| This summer has been rich! ...But to see the richness you must look closely. |
Let me just brag on God a moment!
Because despite all the brokenness of the world, the catastrophes that take place every day, and whatever you lack in this moment... GOD IS GOOD.
I won't go into detail, but this summer He has given me more than I was expecting to get out of working long hours as a nanny to three kids and a cashier in a supply store.
![]() |
| They certainly made my days fun! I already miss them. |
He has encouraged my spirit through building strong relationships with several people I didn't know at all and making stronger relationships that were already in place. So many sweet conversations, long handwritten letters, and moments of belly shaking laughter have taken place with many of the great people in my life.
![]() |
| I saw changes in my siblings as they grew up. |
![]() |
| Wrote letters to this beauty till my hand cramped all summer & it was well worth it when we were reunited today. Even if it was just for a day it was Perfect. |
![]() |
| This girl, she ROCKS! God has the best way of surprising you when you need it most and She was a sweet wonderful answer to prayer. |
And there ARE SO MANY MORE I could name!
Each one making an impact in my life and on this summer.
Along with hanging with great people I was also able to reach my money goal for the summer and add a thousand to its number! EVEN while spending a week at an overnight camp as a counselor to seven 5th Graders and volunteering to help in the morning at a day camp for a week. To top it all off Seeing two girls surrender to Christ for the first time made my summer worth so much more than I could ever imagine!
If there was one lesson I learned this summer it would be this....
"The secret to being content and enjoying life is fixing your eyes on christ and placing your hopes and dreams in the possibilities God has for your future."
This is true even as I pack up to go back to school. It may not be the easiest thing in the world (in fact it is probably one of the hardest things I have to do over and over again.) but it is a guaranteed adventure when I am focused on all the things I can do with Christ as my strength and comfort - when he is my Constant rock and when he is my home.
This guy said it best . . .
“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.”
- C. S Lewis
Nothing of this world can satisfy me. Although this summer wasn't one you'd find mentioned on the cover of VOGE and despite that it is usually the last kind of summer people want It was Great! Great because I had the Best of the Best and was richly blessed by his Goodness.





No comments:
Post a Comment