Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunshine and Seashells.

There comes a point in life where it is necessary to get away for a bit. 
Go away somewhere fresh, alluring, and spontaneous. 
For me, that place is the beach. 


A week ago was fall break. A random set of 2 days off school for people to go home, catch up on hermeneutics (which has been plaguing most of my friends lately) or go someplace adventurous. 


Meet Elizabeth, my traveling companion. . . and after that weekend, my even better friend.
 Both of us journeyed up to the beautiful city of Charleston where we stayed with a good friend. This time was filled with lots of much needed rest (somehow, sleep evades me in my dorm room), plenty of laughter, SO MUCH YUMMMMMMMMY home-cooked food, (as well as the deliciousness you can find in Charleston diners and what not - By the way if you are ever on King street in charleston... GO TO BELGIAN GELATO--- One of the BEST ice cream places in the city... and I might even go as far as to say as the world, but that might be a little extreme.) and wonderful adventures.  

- - - - - - - 

Anyway, by far my favorite day was FRIDAY.
Wanna know why...
Well, if you have not already guessed by my collection of pictures; it was because we spent the day at the BEACH. 

It was just what I needed. 
Sometimes you need to shut your phone off for a bit (believe it or not the world will not end... I know Shocking!) smell the smell of sea salt, feel the sand between your toes, and look out on the horizon and soak up some sunshine. 


 God gave us his creation to enjoy, SO ENJOY IT. 
Personally, my favorite things to enjoy are his seashells - each one different and unique from all over the world brought to a place where I can pick them up; and that is one of the may things that brings a smile to my face.   


I took a mound of them home with me that day, and I will pick up more when I go again. 
I don't know why exactly, but maybe it is because sunshine and seashells remind me of Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment