Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Kindness of a Stranger.

This post is dedicated to the kind ole' gentleman that helped this city girl change a tire. 
      After today,  I can no longer say "Never have I ever.." been stranded road side due to a obnoxious tire. . .or if you want to get technical a nail that lodged itself into the side-strip of my tire. I had just finished my last shift of the holiday weekend at the good ole' Depot and was headed back for a relaxing saturday afternoon at my friends home (since it is Thanksgiving break after all!!!) and all of a sudden, well -you can imagine my surprise as a few cars rolled up beside me mouthing words and pointing anxiously at my back wheel. It was only after I pulled over in a neighborhood that probably isn't the safest place to be stranded in alone; that I did the only thing a single girl thinks to do when she has car trouble. . .
Called my daddy (who I might add is over 500 miles away and does not have a personal jet at his disposal... but I called anyway). I may or may not have teared up a little bit but hey, being on your own has some scary moments. Needless to say it was about this time the gentleman.. named George walked up to my car and asked if I needed help.
I had a decision to make. I could trust this guy and have immediate help, or wait 3 hours and call AAA like I'd been planning to do.
     I must have looked pretty nervous (after all I'd seen my far share of CSI , NCIS, and all the informative TV shows now a days) because the gentleman called me on it said that It was okay - he told me he had a daughter about my age and he'd want someone to offer to help her if she was ever in my situation. So I decided if worst came to worst I had pepper spray.
     I popped my trunk and within 30 minutes he had the "Donut" spare on and I knew a little bit more about this kind fellow. I eventually got home with daylight to spare and now the next thing on my to-do list is make a stop at the tire shop to get a new tire.
    I will probably never see that kind ole' gentleman or his wife again, but I am sure grateful for the kindness of that stranger. I made it through that seemingly impossible situation - I got home safe and sound, learned some new tire lingo, and have one more story to tell my kids someday. After all 'tis the season to count your blessings and today was just another gift that showed me what Gods goodness looks like.
Have a good one Guys!
- Jac

No comments:

Post a Comment