There is...
This morning I made a blubber in front of a bunch of people that served as a reminder of how beautiful grace is.
Forgetting almost all the words to a song you are performing, stinks - period. so... Guess what happened.... Yep.... That happened this morning. Fortunately I nailed the chorus and the next song I'd written; but as I sat there after proclaiming "All I have is Christ" over and over and over again. I didn't feel embarrassed or weird.... (well may be a bit) but more than anything I was relieved ... relieved that my success and accomplishments in life are not what I live for because if they were... well I'm just glad they don't define me.
ITS A GOOD THING...
...I messed up this morning, oddly enough it refocused my thinking - I find it wonderful that the words that I did remember were ones proclaiming my commitment to make Jesus my life. No matter the degree I get, the job I have, or the talent I possess.. I would much rather have a legacy of surrender than of anything else.
ITS A GOOD THING...
...Grace keeps me grounded. Grace, that which is totally undeserved is a tool that reminds me of how sweet commitment and surrender are. Without it I'm afraid of who I'd be -- probably a prideful and conceited mess.
ITS A GOOD THING...
...That God is a father who gives grace to his rebellious and disobedient children. His patiance and giving of Grace absolutely astounds me! Really though... I thought I understood... there is so much I don't and that I am seeing for the first time.
But no worries.... ITS A GOOD THING!

No comments:
Post a Comment