Thursday, February 13, 2014

#WatchOutForTheIcePuddle

    Unless you have been living under a rock, or hibernating for the last 4 weeks (like I wish I could be doing) you have probably heard about the south and the sudden #snowapocalypse2014 --- and, No I did not make that up it was a legitimate tag on twitter in reference to the condition of good 'ole South Carolina.
     It's a scary place folks! Walmart ran out of bread and water,  people have lost power, all businesses have been shut down, schools been out for the last 3 days, and driving would be right up there with committing suicide (just a joke). . . As the picture below so beautifully points out S.C has been closed.

Courtesy of Stix blogs
     It hasn't been that awful, although for me to say I am ready for spring and summer is for sure an UNDERSTATEMENT!
I do have to say though, that It is Awesome how God gives us EXACTLY what we need, when we need it most. I was just telling my friend the other day that I needed a day off - where everything would be cancelled and time would stop for a bit while I caught my breath... and look what happened aside from time stopping.

     All this to say, even though I learned my lesson from the last snow day and have worked on a toooooooon of homework in the last few days - They have been so great!
     


















    
     Time with people, plenty of  laughter, olympics, and lots of good things to think about are what have marked my days and made them good gifts. . . and since I know that it is Valentines Day and all, I'm just gonna conclude by saying I don't deserve any of those good gifts, especially the love that I have been given at such a costly price, but I will accept them and dwell on the giver that ultimately gave me life. 
     Anyway, I hope you have a moment in-between eating chocolate and giving hugs to your closest friends today to think about the good gifts God  has given you recently;  and if you are in the South or anywhere with snow or ice really - grab your boots and grab you gloves and watch out for those ice puddles! :)

Love the Arctic penguin 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment